9/15/12

Saturday with Sarah

Today, Sarah and I met for a ride. It was fantastic. I needed to ride. I was getting unfun to be around.

I changed the girth on her saddle to the new one I bought for Zeek's saddle. It didn't seem to make a difference in cinching. But I felt better about it because it's so much softer and nicer.

I also put replaced the chain chin strap with the new leather one. A much better fit.
Oh, and we used the bit again for the third ride in a row together. She was so awesome that I hardly picked up the reigns at all. Her leg reigning is getting so good! :)

We worked the horses, but not as hard as I would have. Gwin seemed a little different. Not in the mind, but in her trot and canter. I couldn't get her to let go and "get it" as I love to whisper in her ear when I lean in for her wild race horse gallop. I wondered if she was sore after our last serious ride and she learned the hard way in her recovery time. ???
Whatever it was, I didn't want to push it.

It was a beautiful day and a great ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment