10/27/12

Warm and Wooly

This morning I went out by Gwin for about 1.5 hours.

It was cold, but I was too warm for my layers by the time I got finished cleaning up the paddock. Gwen was inside with the grandkids who had spent the night, and I was glad to get a little bit done for her before she found time for her morning work.

I lightly brushed Gwin and then took her out to the pen in her rope halter and lead. She did some ground work for me beautifully, with nothing between us but my arms, hands and words. As soon as she was all wormed up I climbed up and rode her around bareback. Her wooly winter readiness was so warm and soft.

Gwen came out with the kids. Morgan visited. She is so sweet. Then Gwen and I visited. All while I rode still.

After I left, I came right back with Zeek's old baby monitors so Morgan and Gwen could do some round pen ridding while the baby slept.

I have a feeling I will be doing a lot more warm bareback riding this winter than under saddle.

1 comment:

  1. I forgot about fuzzy coats! I remember how cute that looks, can't wait to see a new picture!
    Glad you got some good time in with her :)
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete