10/12/12

Zeek's First Trail Ride

Today, Zeek went riding outside of the round pen for the first time!


Unfortunately, I didn't take a real camera with me. 
But I was grateful to at least have my cell phone to take pictures with.


It was so beautiful out, and I thought it was time for him to test his wings a little.



Of course I couldn't leave him head off into the trails, and woods, and fields alone. 
We saddled her, and wore her rope harness over her bridal and bit.


Zeek had the rope reigns on the bit, and I had a small lead rope under her chin on the rope harness.



He mounted and I walked her across the street and through about half the trails.


Then I let him ride her himself in one of the fields.




He did really well.



And on the return ride I did not lead them. He drove.


It was SO cute seeing him in his little cow boots, jeans, and camo hoodie, 
sitting in his little western saddle, reigning Gwin.


I'm so proud of him for learning and loving to ride.


After the ride we worked together to sweep up the barn and paddock. 
It was an awesome afternoon.


1 comment:

  1. It's your own "little house on the prairie" story you have going on there! I must say I got a little nervous stomach when I read it just thinking of him being out in the wild alone, and then I realized you were RIGHT THERE the whole time.
    Love MOM

    ReplyDelete