10/17/12

Wed. Ride

Today, my MIL took my boy for his art lessons and an afternoon with Nanna. I like to use these days, weather permitting, to spend alone with Gwin. We did some round pen work on foot and under saddle. Backing, side passing, collecting, leg reigning... Then we rode out through the trails across the street. It was beautiful outside.

It's fun to watch all the woods, trees, colors, fields, hills and valleys change in appearance over the seasons. It's so peaceful and pretty. It dawned on my during our ride that I have my cellphone clipped to the side of my saddle in back, and we could listen to Pandora. So I pulled up a worship channel and we had a fantastic time with Jesus surrounded by His works. It was awesome.

I'm kind of looking forward to what it will be like to ride in the snow...

No comments:

Post a Comment