6/12/12

the beautiful intangible

This morning was fantastic. I dropped Zeek off at school and went to Gwin. It was in the high 60s, sunny, and gorgeous outside. 

I was stressed out about Jeff, and I could tell that I had a hard time connecting to her right away. I spent some time just loving on her, opening my heart up and resting in her unconditional love and understanding. 

I'm always amazed at all the ways that God enlightens me, sharpens my senses, and strengthens me in areas of my spiritual life using my experiences with Gwin. 

Once I was in a right mind and a light heart for riding we set off. 

We did some "round pen" work while I was in the saddle on our way down the long driveway. Backing, side passing, standing still, both of us listening. Then we made our way across the street. She ate some, we moved slowly and relaxed across the land. When we got to the fields we had trotted into a warm up. Once in the fields we did a lot of running. Back and forth, bolting up hills, walking down hills, around and around we went. It was so nice. 

I LOVE TO RIDE HER FAST. And she loves to go fast. And when something flies out of the woods and scares her, she plants instead of spooks. And it's so easy to stay on her. I found a lot of times that I wasn't even directing her where to go, how fast or slow. We were just in sync. 

On the way home I also noticed that her excitement to return to her friends was not there. FINALLY. She moseyed along, taking here time. She nibbled some grass, I bird watched and worshiped God, thanking Him for leading me to this. To Gwin. To following my heart. To learning what it's like to trust her. To listen to her and move when I know what she is saying. To navigate the intangible... the way I need to with Him. 

Once back to the barn, I brushed her out and turned her into her friends. 
I put on my Facebook,

"I can try to learn as much as I want about horses by watching, reading and listening to outside sources... but today I'm convinced that I would have never had a shot at learning all that I need to know about MY horse if I hadn't learned how to listen to HER ♥"


No comments:

Post a Comment